History
Service Times: 9:30am
2639 Lamar Avenue, Memphis, Tennessee 38114

History

Monument of Love Baptist Church (formerly known as Fitzgerald Community Baptist Church) was organized in September 1984 at 1219 Finely Road in Memphis, Tennessee. The Reverend Lawrence O’Dell Hudson was the originating pastor. The vision of Fitzgerald Community Baptist Church, under the Lordship of Jesus Christ, is that its mission be local, national and international in scope.

In 1988, Fitzgerald Community Baptist Church switched from the National Baptist Convention to the Southern Baptist Convention.

In December 1990, the name of the church was changed from Fitzgerald Community Baptist Church to Monument of Love Baptist Church..

In April 2014, the Reverend Lawrence O’ Dell Hudson retired from the military after thirty years of being the pastor.

In June 2014, the Reverend Derrick D. Joyce was voted in as the new pastor of Monument of Love Baptist Church (“The Monument”). Pastor Joyce’s visionary leadership, character, enthusiasm and passion for people represent the God commissioned Pastor to successfully champion the Monument’s mission and international fingerprint for the decades to come. His motto is “one who lives for himself is living for a dying cause.”